Moonlit Warriors Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing For Beginners

2 posters

Go down

Role-Playing For Beginners Empty Role-Playing For Beginners

Post  Kai The Demon Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Since some of you are new I'm sure, here is an example RP that should give you an idea on how it works!

The camera is backstage right outside of the GM's office where yelling can be heard

Kai The Demon: What are you talking about? I understand that but...

The camera man slowly opens the door to get closer to try and hear more of the conversation

Kai The Demon: You had no right to do such a thing. I don't care what you were told! You act on my orders, not orders that you were given by someone else.

A voice can be heard on the phone, but can't be understood, as the camera tries to move a little closer

Kai The Demon: Well next time, you will get more then me yelling at you over the phone...

Kai stops talking and quickly turns around seeing the cameraman and begins walking toward him

Kai The Demon: As I was just saying, none of this staff acts without my orders. Especially nosy cameramen like you.

The cameraman quickly gets up and starts running away as Kai stands in his office and slams the door shut, locking it

The italic are actions as you could see. Also, feel free to pick your own RP color. Like I use red. And color can be used besides really light colors like White and Grey.

Kai The Demon
Admin

https://moonlitwarriorsfed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Role-Playing For Beginners Empty Re: Role-Playing For Beginners

Post  the black dahlia murder Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 am

To add to this there are some rules and stuff you need to know about writing a roleplay.

RP RULES

1. No swearing. Is it for obvious reasons.

2. Don't use someone else's character unless you have got permission from them. It is important because we want all rps in character and it is quite disrespectful to write something completely wrong about a character in a rp. Like a face beating up guys and getting booed by fans.

Roleplaying is quite easy and fun to do. Just need a little time and a storyline. First thing for all those who haven't wrote or don't know much about roleplays please read this. I'm hoping it will help.

BEFORE YOU WRITE A ROLEPLAY

There are some things you need to do before you actually get into writing your roleplay.

First off you need to know the names of the roleplay staff. They and there descriptions can be found in Commentators And Interviewers under welcome topic.

Once you have figured out the roleplay staff then its on to decided the setting of your roleplay and how your character acts. (Make sure you post your gimmick under the introduction topic). The setting is quite important as it may change the way your character acts. For example maybe there are shy and need to speak in front off the fans with spotlights shining on them. Your character can change due to the environment you decided to put him in.

After you have figured out the setting then you will need to chose a storyline. A storyline is an actual story not just one interview you have. You can also do side roleplays if needed. What i mean by that is write your big storyline and then in a separate roleplay you can have an interview. If you have decided on your storyline and it needs two people to be done, then look for a feud partner. Remember feuding works two ways so both people need to make sure that they decide on a storyline together. It is recommended that you let your feud partner write his own lines, unless he has seen and approvals of yours.

So know you have a storyline, you know where the roleplay will take place, now lets get onto actually writing your roleplay.

WRITING YOUR ROLEPLAY

Firstly there is a format that we recommend you use. Check Kai's post above to see that format. So the name comes first then the lines that person says is after. This helps us identify who is talking. All description and actions should be italic. They don't need a name in front of them as no one is speaking.

After you know the format start writing. Make sure it is realistic. For example DON'T do this:

*The Black Dahlia Murder takes Kai The Demon to the ground. Kai The Demon then leans stands behind The Black Dahlia and hits him with a chair.*

How can Kai The Demon stand behind The Black Dahlia Murder when he was on the ground? And where did Kai get the chair from? They will need to be explained.

So you have written your roleplay using the correct format and making sure it is realistic and makes sense. Now before you submit it read over it and check for spelling and grammar errors. It looks messy if words are spelled wrong.

You now have written a roleplay. Make sure you do that as often as possible, like 1 roleplay a show or once a week.

Just before you think of logging off, make sure your roleplay is on the match card. Just go to match card section and chose the show you want it on. Make sure you read rules beforehand.

TIPS
Always double check work and check it once its been posted. Fix any errors.

If your feuding its recommended to read some of your partners roleplay to get a feel of their character and what is going on. Also make sure that correct order is posted for match card.

Roleplays don't have to be in the arena or even related to wrestling. Maybe your wrestler got injured and put in hospital. You can very easily do a roleplay where you are in a hospital. Also roleplays that aren't about wrestling can give us a indication of what your character is all about. So maybe he acts tough while he is in the ring and wrestling but is soft out on the street or at home. As long as it explains and gives a better depth to your character it can be a very good and effective roleplay. BE CREATIVE!

They are just a few suggestions. I hope this has helped some people. I look forward to seeing what each of you can produce.

Thanks
the black dahlia murder
the black dahlia murder
Head VGM

Back to top Go down

Role-Playing For Beginners Empty Re: Role-Playing For Beginners

Post  Kai The Demon Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:06 am

Thanks for making these things more clear. It always helps. Very Happy

Kai The Demon
Admin

https://moonlitwarriorsfed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down